The company has already drafted a business plan, marketing material, produced prototypes and patented their products and technology. Moreover, it is through the success of these prototypes that it has since attracted interest from potential clients in Bulgaria, with whom it is currently holding discussion.
It has also acquired land in the East London Industrial Development Zone in which it intends to set a factory and fully commercialise its products. At commercialisation, AET Africa plans to create 50 permanent jobs and invest heavily toward skills development with an emphasis on semi-skilled youth and women.
Discussions with retailers such as Massmart and distributors such as Green Solutions. During prototype has created 7 temporary employment whereby 80% jobs were for local youth and women recently completed welding skills program at Abenzi Woodhouse. Registered as part of IDC Hulamin program.
- AET AFRICA wins gold award for energy efficiency
- Awarded “Most Promising Youth Led business” by Minister Naledi Pandor at Global Cleantech Innovation Program 2016 for Hot Spot project
- Awarded Special Innovation award by MEC Somyo at Eastern Cape Top Green Awards 2016 for heat raider and hot spot projects
- Heat raider awarded 1st prize innovative idea for 2014 Innovation summit
- Prototypes developed and tested for manufacturing in Dimbaza and East London
- Secured seed funding from TIA & CIC to prepare for commercialization before end 2017